“I started my FERS supplement at 56, but went back to work at 57. When do I report that I’m working again? When can I have it reinstalled if I’m not working at 58?

Reg’s Response

OPM asks each retiree who has reached the MRA for a statement of earnings each year he or she is eligible to receive the annuity supplement. Earnings must be reported using form RI 92-22, Annuity Supplement Earnings Report. Mail the completed report to: U.S. Office of Personnel Management Retirement Surveys and Students Branch FERS Annuity Supplement Survey 1900 E St., NW, Room 2416 Washington, DC 20415-0001. The RI 92-22 is available at www.opm.gov/forms.

Got a question for the Federal Times expert? Send inquiries to: fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Reg Jones, a charter member of the senior executive service, is the resident expert on retirement and the federal government at Federal Times. From 1979 until 1995, he served as an assistant director of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management handling recruiting and examining, white and blue collar pay, retirement, insurance and other issues. Opinions expressed are his own.

In Other News
Load More